Sunday, 24 October 2010

Winter Warmers (2)


The back view.

The front view. I only had it on for maybe half an hour before taking this picture, and all my lady lumps already left their mark in it :l


The front piece is significantly shorter because I had to use the yarn from its lower end to finish the sleeves.






I am not happy with how this Novita tunic turned out. I've written about the yarn 'adventures' already, but now, the end result looks like it just wasn't worth the effort. The only thing I do like is the colour. Other than that, I feel very self-conscious in it. I would only wear it to class if I knew I'd be sitting in a secluded corner somewhere. I would never want to speak in front of an audience while wearing it. It's too heavy (500 g) - the cables on the shoulders are soooo stretched out when I'm wearing it; and overall it accentuates everything that I don't want accentuated... And I only chose to make it because usually I look OK in tunics! Oh well... At least it kept my hands busy for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment